Friday, September 25, 2009

Phi Phi - 17th September




Unfortunately using the free wifi in a bar meant that we had quite a few drinks but had also committed to going on a boat trip the next day! Getting up at 9am this morning to sit on a long boat with TEN other people wasn't the best cure of a hangover but we got through somehow! The stops included the real monkey island where one woman got too friendly and soon regretted it. Then it was my first experience of snorkelling at Shark point - and yes Liam saw one!! I had difficulty with this initially as I was trying to breathe normally which was far too quick. As always Liam was there to help me out and in no time I was breathing like Darth Vader under the sea. One lesson learned - although I had applied factor 50 it's not enough to cope with an exposed back out of water, ouch! Next stop Bamboo island with lovely white sands and some shallow water snorkelling for me. I think the next stop was Mosquito island where we saw island people living just above the sea in the rocks. We went snorkelling in what was apparently deep water but even though I took the stairs into the water when I kicked my leg back I got a pretty nasty cut from the coral. I stayed in the sea for a while regardless but once the pain was getting too annoying I went back to discover I was bleeding pretty badly - good jobs it wasn't shark point!! Once wrapped up the next stop was Maya Bay - the scene of the famous 'The Beach'. With my coral cut and Liam's hangover we decided to give it a miss, afterall a beach is a beach right? It seemed like people found it pretty difficult to navigate the rocks to climb through to the other side and with the tide out I get the feeling no one was that impressed!! As a whole the group decided against sitting in the sea for 20 mins to watch the sunset but some of the group jumped off a cliff on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment