Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vang Vieng - 17th & 18th October 2009

Two more days tubing and on the second day I finally didn’t get a tube. It saved us 75,000 kip (just under 6 GBP but a LOT of money here – it’s SO cheap!!) and I actually did okay. I just had to swim across and back once and the worst part was getting OUT of the water as the current is that strong. Getting the tuk tuk back was SO much easier these nights as it hadn’t been raining and the lights were working most of the way so the path was far more navigable. I’ve promised Liam two whole days without me asking him to do anything so I’m going to go out and get him some food and then try to get this notes up on the blog!! As a postscript I’ve been tearing through books lately: Liam bought Revolutionary Road here recently (he’s currently reading my Blood River which took me two years and a re-read to complete!) and it was riveting. I’ve now moved on quite late in the day to The Kite Runner which I both thank and apologise to Grainne for! It’s taken me, what 2 years to START this on but hey, I did bring it with me and I’m over half way through in a couple of days so THANKS!! Books are pretty expensive here (more so than Thailand) costing nearly 7 GBP for a second hand one – Liam’s best cost him pence in charity shops back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment